Chef Barry (I’m not really a chef) Crane recently started a YouTube video blog with his two elementary school-aged daughters. Today he shares with us one of their favorite breakfast recipes and what inspired him to start the project.
“I am passionate about health and eating well, and often share my healthful recipe ideas with friends and family. They encouraged me to do a video blog so that I could share my recipes with more people. My daughters who are always making movies with their iPad Mini asked if they could film and be in the videos. It’s a great way to bond with them and teach them about cooking and eating well.”
- 1–2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- a handful of fresh blueberries
- a handful of walnuts or almonds, chopped
- a handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hemp oil
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- a handful of flax seeds
- Add yogurt to a bowl.
- Add a handful of blueberries.
- Top with chopped walnuts and mint.
- Optional: Add hemp oil, maple syrup, and flax seeds.
Images courtesy of Barry Crane.