Too many clothes can be a time waster. Too many choices often result in a lack of decision making.
- Reset your mind when streamlining your closet. Choose only the items that make you look and feel your best.
- Make a checklist of questions to speed up the decision-making process. Ask yourself:
- Is it damaged beyond repair? (Textile recycling is a great solution.)
- Will I realistically ever mend it?
- Does it fit?
- Do I love it?
- Does it make me look and feel the best that I can?
- Will I wear it often enough to warrant it taking up space in my closet?
- Buy organizing items only once you have seen what you have in your new streamlined closet. Resist rushing off to the organizing section of the local stores until you know what you need to store.
- Keep a written to-do list as you are sorting through your closets. There is bound to be stuff lurking in the closet that needs to be attended to. “Oops! Did I forget to return this book to Auntie Sue?” Add it to the to-do list.
Image courtesy of photostock at FreeDigitalPhotos.net