Facts and stats:
- Shared bedroom with bunk beds for two children (you can see the end of the bunk bed on the left-hand side of the ‘after’ photo).
- A single desk was not working for two children.
- Available space under the window is 75″ in length.
- Distance from the window wall to the door frame is 28″.
- Overflow of stuffed animals lying around the home.
We set up a U-shaped workspace configuration:
- two wall-mounted shelves on brackets
- two desks
- two chairs (missing from the ‘after’ photo – see below)
- The desk legs are configured with the “open” legs facing the shelves to provide easy access to items on the shelves.
- The top shelf is mounted at the same height as the desktops.
- The children have their own desk spaces.
- The children have place to store and display their treasures.
- Stuffed animals are stored in see-through laundry hampers.
Images of chair and laundry hamper © IKEA; all other photos © Paula Berman Organizing