1. Relocated the cat tree to the entryway on the first level.
2. Relocated the bookcase from the dining area to the living room and filled it with books that had been in a box in the main bedroom.
3. Found an unused lamp and placed it on the bookcase for additional lighting.
4. Bought mobile desktop file holders for filing storage that is easy to access and attractive enough to be displayed.
5. Corralled the pet toys and placed them in a container under one of the side tables. The removable cotton liner is washable and the woven polypropylene container is easy to wipe down and clean.
6. Bought each child a wooden box to collect little “knickknacks” that invariably make their way into the living area.
7. Repurposed a nightstand for the electronics. The remote controls fit into the drawer.
Photo credits © Paula Berman Organizing