1. Sorted through the items in the bookcase and on the dining table.
2. Grouped “like with like” and relocated the items to newly assigned ‘homes’ in the narrow storage closet and the children’s bedroom (see parts 4 and 6 of this organizing makeover).
3. Relocated the bookcase to the living room/TV room area (see part 7 of this organizing makeover).
4. Attached a shelf to the wall. A wall-mounted storage unit frees up the floor space.
5. Added magazine files for each family member’s incoming paperwork.
Photo credits © Paula Berman Organizing