The fifth grader and I set up a labeled six-drawer system:
- Wire drawers were organized into categories. The fifth grader chose to label the drawers as follows:
– Jewelry/Hair stuff
– School Memorabilia
– Activities and Art
- Labels were created using inexpensive office supplies:
– top-loading hanging name badges
– 1-inch binder rings
We knew the system was working as we continued to work in the space and it was easy to add items to the drawers.
- When items have specific homes, it is easy to find the items and easy to put them away.
- Label the “homes.” A visual cue is a valuable organizing tool.
Photo credit: © Paula Berman Organizing