- narrow walk-in space with no shelving or hooks
- making time to call for donation items to be picked up
- lack of specific purpose for the storage closet
- Called the Salvation Army (1-800-SA-TRUCK) for a donation pick-up of items the homeowner no longer needed or wanted.
- Installed a custom Elfa shelving system.
- Sorted the miscellaneous items from the main bedroom dresser, grouped them into clear plastic shoeboxes and labeled the containers.
- Placed the children’s arts and crafts supplies into clear plastic shoeboxes and labeled the containers.
- Installed a broom and mop holder. This model stores tools in three ways: tool handles through the loops, handles placed between the loops, or hanging from the hooks on the front of the loops.
Photo credits © Paula Berman Organizing